Monday, February 23, 2009

Loving the Giver, not the Gifts

Is it possible to change my destiny or our destiny as a family, by having favor with our Lord and Savior?

I'm starting to think it just might be possible. I need need to do a deeper search on this, but just a glance at the hero's of the Bible like Abraham, Moses, Noah and Isaiah (just naming a few), every time the LORD wanted to wipe out the entire Nation or World, these righteous men would be pleading before Him to have mercy. And He would. Why? Because they loved Him for Who He is, not for what He could give them. They worshiped and adored Him and did all that was right in His eyes and was obedient to Him no matter what the cost. They knew He was God and trusted Him completely.

My journey has taken an interesting and difficult turn since I last posted. My yearning to love Him unconditionally is being answered. It has been the most difficult journey I have ever been on in my entire life. But to be able to go into His presence unhindered and without guilt is something new to me. To walk into His throne room, and know that I am not walking in, asking for favors, but just to be there, to worship Him in spite of our trials and hard times. Now this is cool. I haven't mastered it yet, I must be honest. I wake up in a panic when I know our bills are falling behind. I stress in the middle of the night when I wonder how the bank will react to us not paying something that's due... But if I get up in that stress, and just tell Him over and over that I love Him, that I worship Him and trust Him, I finally feel that peace that everyone else always talks about, and I can drift off to sleep. I'm not saying we shouldn't be asking Him for help, but I want to be like Esther and prepare myself intimately before and for Him, to have that boldness to come before my King knowing that I love Him for who He is, not for what He can give me.

It's become a moment by moment (not day by day) time that I need to remind myself to be in this state of trusting Him.

Lord I love You so much. You are my King, my Abba, my Lord. I cannot breathe without You, You are my breath, I am lost without You.

7 comments:

Ozarkie said...

I see that God is using this time of difficulty to develop an intimacy with you. I, too, have been cocooned in my home feeling that the Lord has been disappointed with me. He has let me know that He is not disappointed. He never thought that I could get along without Him and so he provided a Savior and a Guide. When I try to do my own thing, He lets me. I love that He is patient and loving and that He still takes me by the hand and holds me and leads me back to loving Him.

I am enjoying the quiet. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

This is so true. I totally identify with you. Even in the hardest times in life, the hardest parts of our journey, we can look back and say that He took us through it moment by moment and gave us strength for each one and that is what makes the journey so exciting.

Anonymous said...

I have a new comment, J! I Cor:3, But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

He knows you and He loves you too! We love because He first loved us.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenni said...

Thank you anonymous, Lovely Scripture and thank you so much for your encouragement!
Blessings..

Do I know you by any chance?

Love
Jen

Mikes@Your Daily Word said...

This is so true! As they usually say, Follow the heart of God and not the hand.

Great Reminder sis!

Rev Deb said...

Ps 25To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust,
Do not let me be ashamed;
Do not let my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed"

The word "wait" in this verse is that same Hebrew word that is in Isaiah 40:31 - It is the Heb. word Kava- and it means

A faith that keeps on trusting, even under stress!!!

A moment by moment walk with the Lord is the safest way to walk. and sleeping in the hull of the boat with Jesus gives us the peace that passes understanding.

It is the moment by moment trust with the eyes of faith (and not by what we see with our eyes)that gets us to the next moment of trusting God beyond our circumstance.

Keep on trusting:) He is the same yesterday,today and yes, forever more!!
God bless you in your walk with Him
Rev Deb

Rev Deb said...

You are very welcome:) I love your site and will be making it one of my regular resting stops. Keep up the great work and keep reaching out:)

In His Love
Blessings
Rev Deb